Saturday, February 27, 2010

Welcome to Mama Red Hen

I think to start this blog off, I would share the story that inspired the name. I really identify with the story of the Little Red Hen. I am the eldest of three siblings. I was given the responsibilities of a "little mama" very early on and was my mother's second in comand. I always had to take charge, and persevere.
With two marriages behind me, I have always felt as though I am, like the hen, having to make the plans, follow through and do it all by myself.
I hope that as I go along, I too may have that "fresh baked bread" that is the spoils the Red Hen created from all of her hard, solitary work. All of the "Not I's" along the way will fade and I will share it with the real gifts in my life, my son and daughter.
Wikipedia offers wonderful background to this classic, moral tale. You can have a look!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Red_Hen

No comments:

Post a Comment