Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fun With Child Support.







Last weekend was the 60th annual Autorama-a big car show at Sacramento's Cal Expo. I was there, to help promote the event I am producing with the California Automobile Museum, Sacramento SwingTime.


Well, so was my ex, Mr. Wonderful. I found out later that Mr. Wonderful actually had a show vehicle there, at Autorama, with a car club that he is currently prospecting for.


WOW. He is soo silly he actually left his uploaded photos of his real pride and joy in my computer.


None of this sounds like any kind of problem except for the fact that Mr. Wonderful has paid only three child support payments in almost a whole year's time-totalling approximately $800. He is nearly $9,000 behind.


Maybe that does not sound so bad, either-except for the fact for the year we have been seperated he has lived RENT free with his mother, and works OVER 40 hours a week, making much more in one week than I make all month.


It may sound bitter to some, and I know there are plenty of women out there who have much worse situations-but I feel it neccessary to utilize my blog to keep track of all of these things as they happen.


As I try to keep a roof over our head, work, go to school, keep food on the table, these kind of things tend to get pushed aside, forgotten, overlooked.


But my children, aged four and seven deserve so much better than what he has offered. I consider the whole situation as a broken contract. He made promises to the three of us to provide for us, to co parent with me, to support us as a father and husband.


As a couple, we had agreed to allow me to stay home with our children. I left the work force for 6 years as our children were infants and preschoolers. As a result I have had a very difficult time re establishing myself in the work place and to provide for my children completely on my own.


I know I am capable and that I will overcome the obstacles that currently face me..but in the meantime I am dissapointed, a bit shocked and definately scratching my head.


Enjoy Mr. Wonderful's pictures of his new car and the Autorama.



No comments:

Post a Comment